The Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) is a professional kabaddi league in India, based on the format of the Indian Premier League. The first edition of the tournament started on 26 July 2014 with eight franchises consisting of players from around the world.It is currently supervised by Mashal Sports Managing Director Charu Sharma.
TEAM ————–CITY ————– OWNERS ———————– CAPTAIN
- Bengal Warriors —Kolkata —— Kishore Biyani,Future Group ——Nilesh Shinde
- Bengaluru Bulls —– Bengaluru —— Kosmik Global Media ——— Manjit Chillar
- Dabang Delhi —- Delhi —– Radha Kapoor,DO IT Sports Management —— Jasmer Singh
- Jaipur Pink Panthers —– Jaipur —– Abhishek Bachchan ——– Navneet Gautam
- Patna Pirates —— Patna —— Rajesh Shah —– Rakesh Kumar
- Puneri Paltan —– Pune —– Sumanlal Shah,Insurekot Sports ——- Wazir Singh
- Telugu Titans —– Vizag —– Veera Sports—— Rajaguru Subramanian
- U Mumba ——- Mumbai —– Ronnie Screwvala,Unilazer Sports—— Anup Kumar
Star Sports TV channel was named as the official broadcaster in May 2014 with the online rights going to Starsports.com
The first signing and auction of players for the 8 teams was held on 20 May 2014 in Mumbai. The team auction was held on 20 May 2014. India’s national kabaddi captain Rakesh Kumar was the priciest among the players bought for INR12.80 lakh by Patna franchise. Sports Authority of India’s Deepak Nivas was bought by Vizag franchise for INR12.60 lakh. Mostafa Noudehi was the highest paid overseas player bought for INR6.6 lakh by Pune franchise, amongst players from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Iran, Japan, the UK, Indonesia, South Korea, Oman, Taiwan, Kenya and Turkmenistan.
- Held between Jaipur Pink Panthers and Patna Pirates – Won by Jaipur Pink Panthers.
- Held between U Mumba and Bangluru Bulls – Won by U Mumba.
Held between Jaipur Pink Panthers and U Mumba. Winners – Jaipur Pink Panthers
Top Raider : Anup Kumar (U Mumba) – 153 ptsTop Defender: Manjit Chiller (Bangluru Bulls) – 51 pts