IIT Roorkee recruitment 2018
Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee invites only the on line applications for the posts as per the details given below. The On-line option will remain open from 07.05.2018 to 31.05.2018. The print out of completed on line application along with all relevant supporting documents duly self attested addressed to the Assistant Registrar (Recruitment), Establishment Services, James Thomason Building, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee-247667 (Uttarakhand) must reach in the Institute on or before 08.06.2018 through Speed/ Registered post only.
Name of the Organisation : Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) – 01 Vacancy
- General Duty Medical Officer – 03 Vacancies
- Sr. Medical Officer (Psychiatrist) – 01 Vacancy
- Scientific Officer Grade-II – 01 Vacancy
- Chief Medical Officer – 01 Vacancy
- Sports Officer – 01 Vacancy
- Assistant Sports Officer – 01 Vacancy
- Deputy Registrar – 03 Vacancies
- Counsellor – 02 Vacancies
- Assistant Registrar – 03 Vacancies
- Technical Officer Level-I – 08 Vacancies
- Technical Officer Level-II – 02 Vacancies
- Assistant Librarian – 01 Vacancy
- Executive Engineer (Civil) – 01 Vacancy
- Technical Officer Level-III – 02 Vacancies
Selection Process : Shortlisting +/ Written Test + Interview
Important Dates :
Opening date of registration : May 07, 2018
Closing date of registration : May 31, 2018
About IIT Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research. The Institute ranks amongst the best technological institutions in the world and has contributed to all sectors of technological development. It has also been considered a trend-setter in the area of education and research in the field of science, technology, and engineering.
The Institute had celebrated its Sesquicentennial in October 1996 and now completed more than 170 years of its existence. It was converted to IIT on September 21, 2001 by an Ordinance issued by the Government of India declared it as the nation’s seventh Indian Institute of Technology, an “Institution of National Importance”.
It offers Bachelor’s Degree courses in 10 disciplines of Engineering and Architecture and Postgraduate’s Degree in 55 disciplines of Engineering, Applied Science, Architecture and planning. The Institute has facility for doctoral work in all Departments and Research Centres.
The Institute admits students to B.Tech. and B.Arch. courses through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted at various centres all over India.