The functions of the Reserve Bank today can be categorised as follows:
- Monetary policy
- Regulation and supervision of the banking and non-banking financial institutions, including credit information companies.
- Regulation of money, forex and government securities markets as also certain financial derivatives.
- Debt and cash management for Central and State Governments.
- Management of foreign exchange reserves.
- Foreign exchange management—current and capital account management.
- Banker to banks
- Banker to the Central and State Governments
- Oversight of the payment and settlement systems
- Currency management
- Developmental role
- Research and statistics
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)