- The West Bengal Government has banned smoking in public places and sale of tobacco products to minors in Darjeeling. The ban was in place since 2003, but the administration has started its implementation from Independence Day.
- China launched world’s first hack-proof communication satellite.
- Government to bear transaction cost of card payments. The government will bear the transaction cost for all payments made to it through debit or credit cards and net banking, the Finance Ministry stated. This move is to promote credit/ digital transactions in government payments and collections amid attempts to promote a cash-less economy.
- Maharashtra government has appointed Larsen and Toubro (L&T) as the implementation partner to amke Nagpur India’s first large scale integrated smart city.
- Bihar first non-BJP ruled state to ratify GST Bill.
- Agriculture Ministry has demanded an additional Rs. 11000 crore to settle crop insurance claims this fiscal under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- Google launches video calling app Duo to rival Microsoft’s Skype.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)